Hot water bottles provide soothing warmth and relaxing moments. When the Natural Rubber Hot Water Bottle is filled with warm water, it stores the heat and releases it evenly to the body. The washable cover made of 100% cotton (from controlled organic cultivation) provides a soft, pleasant feeling during use. Unlike many conventional hot water bottles, our hot water bottle contains natural rubber. It is therefore a natural alternative to synthetically produced petroleum products. Our Natural Rubber Hot Water Bottle is produced in accordance with the high quality standard BS 1970:2012.
The natural rubber hot water bottle is filled with warm water and provides the human body with warmth. The hot water bottle can be used for applying heat when feeling generally cold.
- Take the hot water bottle out of the cover, if applicable, before use and check the bottle and stopper for wear and damage prior to use. Next, put the hot water bottle back in a cover before filling.
- When filling this hot water bottle, do not use boiling water and fill to a maximum of two-thirds capacity or less. Do not overfill the hot water bottle as this might cause the bottle to burst.
- Hold the hot water bottle by the neck in an upright position and fill slowly to avoid hot water splashing back. Do not fill using water from the domestic hot water system as this can considerably shorten the life of the hot water bottle. Instead we recommend that you heat the water in a pan or kettle, but do not allow it to boil. Wherever possible do not use very hard water or water with high copper levels.
- Expel air from the hot water bottle by lowering it carefully onto a flat surface until water appears at the opening. Screw the stopper sufficiently tight to ensure that there is no leakage from the hot water bottle. Fingertight should be adequate. Ensure that you do not overtighten the stopper. Finally, make
sure the funnel is empty and the bottle is sealed by turning it upside down over a sink and squeezing it gently.
Good to know!
If the skin is exposed to temperatures over 48° C for a long period of time, there is a risk of first degree burns occurring. Babies and small children have particularly sensitive skin. In this instance, the temperature should not exceed 43 °C. We therefore recommend filling with water at a maximum temperature of 50° C. For your own safety, never fill the hot water bottle with boiling water. This is not necessary to reach the above-mentioned temperatures. Observe the above temperature limits during use!
WARNING – HOT WATER BOTTLES CAN CAUSE BURNS. AVOID LONG PERIODS OF DIRECT CONTACT WITH SKIN.
- Particular caution is advised for use with babies/children. Use the crook of your arm to check whether the temperature of the covered hot water bottle filled with water is suitable for your babies/children (at a max. 43 °C)! Only use under direct supervision of an adult! If the product is used for babies under 1 year of age, the child’s temperature should be checked regularly during the application to avoid overheating!
- The hot water bottle may not be used by people with limited sensitivity to heat and/or pain.
- This hot water bottle is made of natural rubber. Please be aware that some people may have an allergic reaction to natural rubber. Should you notice an allergic reaction while using the hot water bottle, stop using it at once.
- If there is a possibility that prolonged contact with the skin could occur, an adequate cover (included with product 640- 00/641-00) should be used to prevent burns.
- Under no circumstance should the hot water bottle be used as a cushion and be sat on. Do not use in combination with an electric blanket. Do not sleep with it, ideally only use it to warm the bed.
- Prevent contact with hot surfaces.
- Not suitable for microwave or oven use.
- Keep pointed or sharp objects away from the hot water bottle.
- Do not use any additives such as table salt or essential oils
Material: natural rubber
- Do not use abrasive cleansers, general purpose cleaners, or other cleaning agents! Simply wipe the hot water bottle with a damp cloth.
- When not in use, drain the hot water bottle completely and keep, with the stopper removed, in a cool, dry, dark place – preferably with the opening pointing downwards – and protect it from direct sunlight.
- Do not place anything on top of the bottle during storage. Prevent contact with oil or grease.
- The cover can be removed and is machine-washable at 30 °C.
- Please be aware of the care symbols on the cover!