The iris root, taken from the iris pallida or germanica, is a traditional teething remedy recommended by midwives and mothers. Babies can find teething very unpleasant. The gums often become red, swollen and very sensitive. During this time, babies should be encouraged to bite often and with force. Saliva makes the iris root soft and elastic, helping it support the teeth as they break through. The iris root is fixed to a wooden pacifier chain, which is made in Germany. The pacifier chain can also be attached to comforters, dummies etc.
- The iris root is a traditional household remedy, recommended by midwives and mothers to be used for teething babies.
- Very often, the gums are sore and very sensitive.
- The iris root is softened and made elastic by the saliva.
- Vigorous chewing on the iris root helps the teeth to break through the gums.
- It is not suitable for any other application.
- The pacifier chain serves as fastener for baby‘s dummy or pacifier.
- Before each use check carefully. Throw away at the first sign of damage or weakness.
- Never lengthen the soother holder! Never attach to cords, ribbons, laces or loose parts of clothing. The child may be strangled. Please use the pacifier fastener only on pieces of clothing!
- Do not use the pacifier chain if your child is in the play pen, bed or cradle.
- The pacifier chain must not be used as toy or teething ring.
- Usage only under immediate supervision of adults!
- Be extra careful, in case you baby has already got some teeth.
- Saliva can cause the root to become soft and brittle each time the root is used for a longer period.
- Leave the root to dry out before using it again and check for damage.
- Do not use the root anymore, in case it has become brittle or shows larger cracks.
Material: 100 % iris root; wood
- After use, the root should be dried at room temperature and checked for any part of it being brittle.
- In case of soiling, the root may be immersed into boiling water for about 30 seconds (do not immerse the wood of the pacifier chain).
- Do not use any aggressive cleaning agents to clean the pacifier chain. Only wipe it with a damp cloth, should it be soiled.
- Please do not place in direct sunlight as amber can become brittle.
- The iris root and pacifier chain can be disposed of in the household waste and be recycled thermally without a problem.