The Organic Flax Seed Pillow can be used to apply momentary heat to increase feelings of wellbeing and especially for easing the body’s aches and pains as a form of heat therapy. The product is only intended for private home use and can be used for babies, children and adults.
Areas of Application
The organic Flax Seed Pillow is suitable as a warmer exclusively for the following areas of application:
• Stomach ache/Stomach cramps
•Constipation and flatulence
•Generally warming cold areas of the body
Usage and Heating Instructions
Before heating the pillow, check for any unusual odors, mould stains or burn marks. Dispose of the product immediately if these are present. Please remove the inner pillow from the cover before heating. The following options are available to heat the pillow:
- In a non-preheated oven at a max. temperature of 110 °C for max.5 minutes
- In the microwave (Follow the instructions of the microwave manufacturer!) at max. 300 watt for max. 1 minute
- Place on a lukewarm radiator or tiled stove for a longer period of time
Immediately after heating the pillow, distribute the heat evenly by shaking it! Subsequently insert the inner pillow into the cover. When heated for the first few times, you may find that there is slight moisture on the surface, but this will disappear after repeated use.
- It is essential that you observe the specified directions on heating, as a longer heating time or higher temperatures may cause damage (risk of inflammation and burning)!
- Do not heat up the cover!
- Before heating the pillow in the microwave, check that heating grain products is permitted in the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- The inner pillow should always be heated by an adult, only under supervision, and not heated when damp!
- Once the warmed inner pillow is back in its cover, please test the temperature of the pillow to make sure that it is suitable for babies (max. 43 °C) by putting it in the crook of your elbow!
- Let the pillow cool down before reheating it!
- The product should not be used as a pillow or a seat under any circumstances.
- If the symptoms persist or worsen, please seek advice from a doctor.
- Do not use the pillow if you suffer from an acute, chronic, inflammatory disease or an illness accompanied by a temperature, circulatory problems, fresh hematomas, bruises and open wounds or for individuals with a reduced sensation of pain.
- If there are existing skin conditions, heart disease, venous disease, diabetes or tumor disease, or if the user is pregnant please contact a doctor before use.
- Loose flax seeds are a choking and suffocation hazard! Only use under direct supervision of an adult!
- If the seams have come open and loose seeds are leaking out, dispose of the product and the loose seeds immediately and make sure they are out of reach of children.
- If the product is used for babies under 12 months, the child’s temperature should be checked regularly during the application to avoid overheating!
All serious incidents occurring in connection with this product must be reported to the manufacturer and the responsible authorities in the user’s country of residence.
Inner Pillow: Material: 100% cotton (controlled organic cultivation) / Filling: Flax seeds (controlled organic cultivation)
Cover: Material: 100% cotton (controlled organic cultivation) / Filling: 631-00: 100% cotton (controlled organic cultivation)
Care Advice and Storage
The cover can be removed and is machine-washable at 30/40 °C. Please wash the cover before the first use. Please observe the care symbols on the product! Do not wash the inner pillow filled with flax seeds in order to prevent the formation of rot/mould! Store the product in a dry place! Protect from moisture!
Information about Shelf Life and Disposal
We recommend replacing the Flax Seed Pillow with Cover after a maximum of 4 years, if used normally. The product can be disposed of in household waste and recycled thermally without any problems. Please separate the individual packaging components and dispose of them in the relevant recycling system. Please be aware of regional disposal guidelines