Rape seed pillows are a traditional household warm treatment, because rape seeds are very good at retaining heat and releasing it slowly. The pillows are easy to heat in the microwave or oven. They are used for easing tension and can be used for reducing physical pains in a targeted manner. It offers comfort in cases of muscle pains or stiffness, muscle or neck tensions, stomach ache, stomach cramps, constipation, flatulence discomfort during menstruation and colds.
Areas of Application
The Organic Rape Seed Pillow is suitable as a warmer exclusively for the following areas of application:
- Stomach ache/Stomach cramps
- Constipation and flatulence
- Muscle pains/stiffness
- Muscle/neck tensions
- Discomfort during menstruation
- Generally warming cold areas of the body
Usage and Heating Instructions
The following options are available to heat the pillow:
- In a non-preheated oven at a max. temperature of 110 °C for max. 6 minutes
- In the microwave (Follow the instructions of the microwave manufacturer!) at max. 300 watt for max. 2 minutes
- Place on a lukewarm radiator or tiled stove for a longer period of time
Immediately after heating the pillow, distribute the heat evenly by shaking it! When heated for the first few times, you may find that there is slight moisture on the surface, but this will disappear after repeated use.
- It is essential that you observe the specified directions on heating, as a longer heating time or higher temperatures may cause damage (risk of inflammation and burning)!
- Before heating the pillow in the microwave, check that heating grain products is permitted in the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Always supervise the heating process of the pillow and do not heat the pillow when moist!
- Let the pillow cool down before reheating it!
- The product should not be used as a pillow or a seat under any circumstances.
Please follow these additional instructions if the Organic Rape Seed Pillow is used for babies/children:
- After heating, test the temperature of the pillow to make sure that it is suitable for babies (max. 43 °C) by putting it in the crook of your elbow!
- Pay attention to intact seams!
- Loose rape seeds are a choking and suffocation hazard!
- Only use under direct supervision of an adult!
- If the seams have come open and loose seeds are leaking out, dispose of the product and the loose seeds immediately and make sure they are out of reach of children.
- If the product is used for babies under 12 months, the child’s temperature should be checked regularly during the application to avoid overheating!
- If the symptoms persist or worsen, please seek advice from a doctor.
- Heat should be avoided in case of an acute, chronic, inflammatory disease or an illness accompanied by a temperature, circulatory problems, fresh hematomas, bruises and open wounds as well as for individuals with a reduced sensation of pain!
- If there are existing skin conditions, heart disease, venous disease, diabetes or tumor disease, or if the user is pregnant please contact a doctor before use.
All serious incidents occurring in connection with this product must be reported to the manufacturer and the responsible authorities in the user’s country of residence.
Material: 100% cotton (controlled organic cultivation)
Filling: Rape seeds (controlled organic cultivation)
- Do not wash the Organic Rape Seed Pillow in order to prevent the formation of rot/mould!
- Store the product in a dry place!
- Protect from moisture!
Manufacture: Cotton and rape seed filling originate from controlled organic farming.
Use: When being warmed up, microwave energy is effectively turned into heat.
Shelf life: When used carefully, the product can last for up to at least 4 years.
Disposal: The rape seeds can be disposed of in organic waste, and the materials in household waste.